Loudspeaker Designs and Articles for the DIY Enthusiast
|MTM and MT designs offered
in various configurations for
Music and Home Theater
The AviaTrix designs were intended to be a low cost, high sound quality, dedicated
HT system. My partner in crime Wayne Wendel and I visualized an upscale
iteration similar to the TriTrix for a slight additional cost. In my opinion, the drivers
in the AviaTrix have enabled us to meet these goals with the additional attribute of
being quite impressive as a music only speaker system as well.
- Mass Loaded Transmission Line and a conventional sealed
- Utilizes dual 5.25” aluminum cone drivers and a 1.125” fabric dome
- Nominal Impedance 6 ohms.
- Sealed dimensions: 6.5” x 20” x 11.5”
- MLTL dimensions 7.5” x 44” x 11.5”
- Max SPL 107 dB
- The sealed version is optimized for center channel use as well as
L/R mains and surrounds
As most HT uses require the speakers pushed back near
the walls in their applications, a minor crossover
change allows near wall and far wall specific
The designs include a mass loaded transmission line
floor stander, and small sealed variants suitable for
mains, surrounds, and as a center channel.
All versions share a similar crossover topology and near
Like the TriTrix, the MTM design was specifically
optimized for use as a center channel with excellent off
axis response when used in the horizontal axis.
- Mass Loaded Transmission Line and a conventional sealed enclosure.
- Utilizes a single 5.25” aluminum cone driver and a 1.125” fabric dome
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms.
- Sealed dimensions: 7.5” x 12.5” x 8.5”
- MLTL dimensions 7.5” x 44” x 7.25”
- Max SPL 101 dB